Tuesday 5 March 2013

I did it!!!!

I made something.... and in time for Tuesday! Yayyyyyy Cupboard really has to go away though.. so who knows what next week will bring, but hey.. that is seven days to go.. I will worry about it then! :-)

So.. my piece a week..... this week I have actually made something with a purpose, as opposed to just chucking something together..... I am entering a Blo9g Challenge, so I had rules to follow.... Nice simple ones... Mixed Media.. and Wings.....

So here we go!

I took a whole load of "stuff" A clear CD blank which I covered with that paper that has a coloured core (I know there is a name for it.. but at this time in the morning.. not happening!!!!) which I had put through the Big shot with a Tim Holtz "Cog" embossing folder and sanded...... there is also a selection of inked up chipboard shapes, the front off an old mini speaker, a shaped beer mat and two tree shapes that I had embossed in the big shot on that paper and sanded.



Then I made it all into an Owl!!!! I am heavily into Owls at the moment, and having seen one a friend of mine had made... very Steam Punk.. I wanted to have a play..... I also added some sticky backed pearls, eyelets, metal embellishments, buttons for the feet (how chuffed was I that I had six buttons the same!!) and then I doodled a bit!



Close up of his quizzical face!!!



So.. there we go..... Now last week I forgot.. so off to link it to The Piece A Week group... and to the Challenge Blog....... FABULOUS blog.. and FABULOUS site... Carfty Enblies .... Oh My! If you Alter stuff.... you need to see this site! Soooo much scrummy stuff, all begging to be inked and stencilsed and and and and.. My wish list is a mile long! Go have a look.... you will not be disappointed!

Well.. Happy Arting all.. have a great week... (hope this frost lifts.. it is March after all)

Catch ya soon! Toodles! xxxx





6 comments:

  1. This is amazing Debs, I love it.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super creative, well done!! hugs, Kim, Crafty Emblies Design Team Member :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so quirky, I love it, very creative. Fabulous make.

    Thanks for joining in with our Altered Art Challenge 'Wings' over at Crafty-Emblies

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx (Altered Art DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea .... your owl is sooooo cute xx

    Thank you for joining us over at Crafty-Emblies

    Tina DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love him. Hope the back sorts itself out soon. HH xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have metallic pencils??? I have blue, grey, silver, gold and red and purple....dont know where they came from but oh boy they are lovely and so useful.....When my promarkers are gone im back to my pencils too...so easy to work with.
    LOve your Blog....
    fiona
    x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message.. I would love to know what you think of my blog!