and proudly presenting my entry for CD Sunday Oriental .... On Sunday!!!! Normally I get round to posting this on the Friday or by the skin of my teeth Saturday... that is if the papers ever make their way out of the printer that is! :-)
Seeing as the theme was Lets Go Oriental... and I had so much fun last week with my new stamps.. I decided to bring the Oriental Tilda back into play.. but this time with a bit of a difference!
My main "gripe" for want of a better word with stamps.. is what you stamp is what you get, unlike digi stamps that you can re-size etc etc... I wanted Tilda to face the other direction..... soooooo.. I stamped her onto parchment with Staz On and when totally dry (very good of me to be so patient.. normally I rush and smudge everything!) I turned the parchment over and traced her again in permanent black ink. I then coloured her face and robes on the back.. which used to be the front (LOL) with my trusty ColourSoft pencils, and blended them with Zest it. I then turned to the front (which used to be the back!!) and put the detail on her robes and face, and coloured her hair... I am pleased with her hair.. getting the hang of this now!
I used a circle Pergamano grid to pick out some detail and make the parchment fit in a larger flower circle using Marriane dies, and then die cut some flowers and a butterfly (not because there was a mistake.. but cos I wanted one!) and finshed off with a few gems and some Card Candy
And here she is......
Quick tip.. which I am sure you all know anyway! But if you don't... tis a handy one.
When I went to put the coloured parchment image on the patterned paper, you could see the pattern through her face and robes.... sooooo, I stamped her out again onto plain paper and cut it out just inside the outlines...
I then put a TINY bit of rolled up magic tape behind Tildas head (which was coloured on the front so no colour on the back to lift) and positioned her onto the turned over cut out image.... this was then firmly glued to the middle of the circle I was putting her in, and removed the tape....
I was then able to repostion the coloured images and glue it down using the flowers around the edge so that no glue needed to ruin the colouring..... as you can see... I managed to line it up again pretty well!
Right.... thats it from me.. and my entry.... need to go and get things sorted for the morning.. have a great evening all and thanks for reading!
Oh.. nearly forgot.... I wanted to do this Tilda in Lilacs... so the papers I used were from Springtime Butterflies and Lace xx